Notes to the Reader
Please use the tabs along the top of the page to navigate.
All links are optional reading unless otherwise stated. Please dive in and out at your own leisure and interest. Please note all links will open into a new tab on your browser or a new window.
The 'Xmind' elements, which look like mind maps are best read by clicking the 'full screen' button which will open them in a new tab in your web browser, which you can then use your mouse to drag and move them around to read all the text.
Output Specification and Abstract
Welcome to my first Capstone Year Output Report. I am an MSc associate undertaking an MSc Applied Agroecology with Gaia University. You can see work from my pre-capstone phase completed in April 2013 - March 2015 here.
The purpose of my Master's Degree
The MSc Applied Agroecology is an action-learning degree focused on the application of agroecological knowledge, science, practices and politics to real-world projects.
My strategic focus is how we can accelerate the speed and scale of the transition to agroecological practices around the world.
The purpose of this output
The purpose of a Life and Career Review within the Gaia University system is to communicate your life/learning progress and career development prior to the Capstone Phase of your program with Gaia University.
Gaia University recognises the rich importance of prior learning and how this contributes to developing yourself on your learning pathway. Before we can design our learning pathways, it is important to evaluation what we already know and what experiences have informed who we are today.
What this output contains
This output pulls together content from a number of reflective output packets with Gaia U.
- Life Review - this is a collection of reflections charting my life journey to date. It contains a timeline of experiences and intimate reflections on my childhood, political organising, prison experiences, relationships and more. It also shares my initial influences and experiences developing a plant-based livelihood.
- Project Learning Review - This section shares my key learnings and yields on personal, professional, political and project levels. It also looks at community learning skillflexes that I have been developing and wish to grow further.
- Learning Assessment - This page communicates not just the what, but the how - it shares detailed reflections and assessments of current skillflexes, patterns, and observations on my life and learning pathway.
- Resume - Please find my most recent resume communicating my professional experience, qualifications and skills.
- Resume - Agroecologist Portfolio - In addition to my CV, this portfolio serves to communicate my key professional experiences in the field of agroecology
- Resume - Educator Portfolio - This page acts as a living portfolio of my educational work, including courses and workshops taught.