The xmind graphic below is an overview of the research I have been undertaking in evaluating the field and its diverse actors that are advocating for animals. You can also view it here. It is easiest to read when you click 'Full Screen'.
This graphic was created to faster communicate an overview of different groups within the animal liberation movement. It is the result of processing huge amounts of information and re-constructing it to be able to compare actors in the field more effectively, as well as communicate these findings in a simple format.
As part of the surveying process, I also processed my recent and historic reflective observations, which can be found here.
The outcomes of surveying and analysing both the trends in the field, and my own place within the field, I have been better able to design my ideas of an 'anarchist agroecology' that are shared on page four.
Resources & References
- Different approach to abolitionism - mainly focusing on the abolition of meat - http://fortheabolitionofveganism.blogspot.co.uk/
- Gary L Francoine - http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Gary_L._Francione
- The Abolitionist Magazine - http://theabolitionist.info/
- The Abolitionist Vegan Society - http://www.abolitionistvegansociety.org/
- http://academicabolitionistvegan.blogspot.co.uk/p/please-contact-for-suggested-additions.html - strong links section
- Article seeking to challenge the division between the abolition-reform debate: http://www.onegreenplanet.org/animalsandnature/our-voices-our-movement-how-vegans-can-move-beyond-the-welfare-abolition-debate/
ALF/Militant Direct Action
- Animal Liberation Front Support Group - http://www.alfsg.org.uk/
- A recent liberation/new model - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=p-2HzpuBUDQ&feature=youtu.be
- Arkangel Magazine- http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Arkangel_%28magazine%29
- An archiving project of animal liberation literature - http://thetalonconspiracy.com/
- Best, S. and Nocella, A. (2006). Igniting a revolution. Oakland, CA: AK Press.
- Best, S. (2006). Rethinking Revolution: Animal Liberation, Human Liberation, and the Future of the Lef. The International Journal of Inclusive Democracy, 2(3).
- Bite Back Magazine - http://www.directaction.info/
- Mann, K. (2007). From Dusk 'til Dawn: An Insider's View of the Growth of the Animal Liberation Movement.
- North American Animal Liberation Press Office - https://animalliberationpressoffice.org/NAALPO/
- Anarchist Federation - http://www.afed.org.uk/
- Beasts of Burden: Capitalism, Animals, Communism. (n.d.).
- Canadian Animal Liberation Movement - http://www.calmaction.org/
- Dominick, B. (1997). Animal Liberation and Social Revolution.
- Eco-action.org, (2006). Insurrectionary Anarchy (Do or Die). [online] Available at: http://www.eco-action.org/dod/no10/anarchy.htm [Accessed 21 Nov. 2014].
- Energy, Subversive. (2012). Beyond Animal Liberation.
- First of May Alliance, (2011). Our Anarchism.
- Josh Harper on Anarchism & Animal Rights - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3o54F5jMnZ0
- Prisoner Marius Mason - http://supportmariusmason.org/
- Red black green blog - Animal rights from an anarchist perspective - https://network23.org/redblackgreen/
- Resistance Ecology - incredible intersectional organising in North America - http://www.resistanceecology.org/
- The Bunny Alliance - inspiring group in the US http://thebunnyalliance.com/
- Peter Gelderloos Veganism: Why Not an anarchist perspective 2011
- Torres, B. (2007). Making a killing. Edinburgh: AK Press.
- Wrenn, C. (2011). Resisting the Globalization of Speciesism: Vegan Abolitionism as a Site for Consumer-Based Social Change. Journal for Critical Animal Studies,, IX(3).
- Great site exploring animal liberation from an anarchist & socialist perspective - http://speciesandclass.com/
- From Animals to Anarchism - new publication. Its aim is to "challenge those involved in animal activism to sort their politics out if they truly believe in liberation, but at the same time not let anarchists off the hook - demanding that they consider more fully the nature of human-animal relations in their politics." It's can be downloaded as a pdf from: http://dysophia.org.uk/from-animals-to-anarchism-open-letter-3/
- Interview critiquing veganism - Why Veganism Must Be Abolished: an Interview with Vegan Represent Founder Dave D - http://www.carpevegan.com/?p=3336
- Blog linking animal liberation & anti-civilisation perspectives - http://uncivilizedanimals.wordpress.com/about/
- Critique of Peter Gelderloos’s zine - http://veganideal.mayfirst.org/content/veganism-anti-oppression-not-consumer-activity
- Article about why anarchists should support the animal rights movement - https://disunitedstates.org/?p=4821
- Website featuring book about repression of earth & animal liberation movements in the US in recent history - http://www.greenisthenewred.com/blog/
- Compassion in World Farming - http://www.ciwf.org.uk/
- Farm Animal Welfare Council - http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Farm_Animal_Welfare_Council
- RSPCA - http://www.rspca.org.uk/home
- Viva! http://www.viva.org.uk/
- Webarchive.nationalarchives.gov.uk, (2014). [ARCHIVED CONTENT] Farm Animal Welfare Council - 5 Freedoms. [online] Available at: http://webarchive.nationalarchives.gov.uk/20121007104210/http:/www.fawc.org.uk/freedoms.htm [Accessed 21 Nov. 2014].
Grassroots Animal Rights
- Animal Equality - http://www.animalequality.net/
- Animal Rights Coalition - http://www.veggies.org.uk/campaigns/arc/
- Tom Reagan - http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tom_Regan
- PETA - http://www.peta.org.uk/
- Peter Singer - http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Peter_Singer
- SHAC (Stop Huntingdon Animal Cruelty) - https://www.shac.net also see http://shacmadehistory.noblogs.org/HSA
- Save the Newchurch Guinea Pigshttp://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Save_the_Newchurch_Guinea_Pigs
- Article about Animal Aid from a centre-left newspaper in the UK (showing the trends to criminalise campaigners despite their tactics) http://www.theguardian.com/sport/2014/sep/21/animal-aid-smear-story
- Direct Action Everywhere - US group - http://directactioneverywhere.com/about-dxe/